As I mentioned before we really really liked Singapore, and so did Luca (Luna just hangs along and is happy). We are pleasantly surprised by how child-friendly this city was. First of all, children were welcome everywhere. At many public spaces there were child-friendly facilities with a tiny loo, almost always a tiny zink and urinal (!!), and also separate spaces for breastfeeding and changing diapers besides the common changing facilities.
The city was so clean, very airy with many green areas, and great public transport. The food was also great!
We spend 10 days here, staying with friends plus another 4 days after Bali. During this time you could say we visited most of the sites. Without kids you probably can see everything in fewer days, as you could for example visit more places on one day. We took it easy as we had enough time.
The high-lights were:
- Underwater world at Sentosa (Luca liked it, but it was kind of dated and we did not get the impression the animals had a good life there), but also hanging by the beaches here.
- The Zoo was great! (but we missed the Night Safari which is supposed to be really good).
- The Science Centre with the Dinosaur Live exhibition – Luca in heaven!
- Marina Bay – architecture, shopping mall, viewing deck at Marina Sands Hotel (expensive but worth it), Titanic exhibition at the ArtScience Museum. All great!
- And not to forget Orchard road and our “home mall” – Vivo City. Good for shopping and eating.
- And last but not least the pretty Botanic Gardens. Lot’s of food for Luca’s herbivore dinasaurs.
- So, I really recommend going to Singapore, it’s also so easy to combine with another destination.